Sunday, July 23, 2006

1. Setting the Pattern

Okay.

Part 1a: looked around for patterns. She-who-must-be-the-authority-of-Imperial-Hats, TKVanB 9989, was kind enough to email me her patterns. Much indebted!!! Printed them. Read the instructions. Whoah. Sewing machine abound. Decided that wasn't the direction I could take since I don't even know what a basting stitch or a seger is. Next.

Part 1b: Cut out patterns on newspaper. Cut, fit, re-pin, readjust, fit, re-tape, until the relatively decent looking newspaper hat could fit my head.





Part 1c: Took the newspaper pieces and transferred them to slightly hardier writting paper. Important, as if this project is a success, I will want to attempt an Olive ID hat. (sadistic!)








All these took three hours, excluding the hoo-ahhs while posing in front of the mirror in that paper hat. Heh.

No comments: